uOttawa and Government of Canada Collaboration
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The Government of Canada Enterprise Architecture Review Board (GCEARB) would like to invite uOttawa students and faculty to attend their next meeting
What is the GCEARB?
The GCEARB is a new governance forum led by the Chief Technology Officer of the Government of Canada. Its members are senior Business and IT leaders from small and large GC Departments and Agencies. Its purpose is to ensure that GC investments and IT spending (~$5 billion) are aligned and comply with GC strategy and policy.
GCEARB / uOttawa collaboration
The GCEARB’s two operating principles are Whole-of-Government and Open Participation. The GC is expanding its consultation and collaboration efforts within the Canadian Public Sector and engaging uOttawa is an excellent example of how GC decision making could be made more visible and transparent.
We would like to offer uOttawa students and faculty the opportunity of attending as observers. The meeting will be preceded by a 30 minute pre-session to give students and faculty in attendance context, followed by the opportunity to ask questions and network.
Benefits to uOttawa Students
In addition to the increased partnership between the GC and uOttawa, the benefits to students are:
- Networking with Business and IT leaders within the GC (CIO and CTO of Canada, Senior Executives from various departments and agencies)
- See how strategic planning and governance are managed within the GC
- Exposure to Enterprise Architecture practices which aligns Business and IT
- Observe project management practices in action
- Be informed of IT trends and industry best practices
- Ask questions during a pre/post session from 9:30-10:00am and/or 12:00-12:30pm
Troy MacFarlane , Senior Technical Specialist, Chief Information Officer Branch, Treasury Board Secretariat
Troy.MacFarlane@tbs-sct.gc.ca \ 613.716.9662
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- Please contact us by [date] if you have any particular accessibility requirements or dietary restrictions.
- View on Google Maps
- Public transit
- Get directions on Google Maps
- RSVP deadline:
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 9:30 a.m.
Register for this event
Unfortunately, the RSVP deadline has passed for this event, and you will not be able to register.