Workshop: Rock your Resumé (facilitated by Scotiabank)
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
This workshop aims to help you make a positive first impression by creating a well-written and professional marketing package, which includes a resumé and a cover letter.
As resumés and cover letters are the first point of contact between employers and potential candidates, using well-written and professional correspondence is essential to make you stand out from the competition.
This workshop is designed to help you:
- assess your skills, strengths and experiences;
- ensure that your resumé will stand out to employers;
- personalize the different components of your resumé;
- better market your skills and abilities;
- develop a tailored cover letter.
This workshop will be facilitated by a representative from Scotiabank.
Pop-up Resumé Critiques with Employers
As part of Resumé Day, professionals from Canada Revenue Agency, MD Financial Management, KPMG, Rogers, Scotiabank and Welch will be conducting 15-minute resumé critiques after this workshop on a first come, first served basis in the Desmarais lobby. Sign up for the critiques by clicking here.
N.B. This workshop counts towards the Career Development Certificate.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- Target Audience:
- All Telfer undergraduate students
- Event Language:
- Offered only in English
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Please contact us by September 15, 2017 if you have any particular accessibility requirements or dietary restrictions.
- RSVP deadline:
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 2:30 a.m.
Register for this event
Unfortunately, the RSVP deadline has passed for this event, and you will not be able to register.