Workshop: Job Search for International Students: Networking and Working in Canada, a Cultural Perspective
Thursday, February 25, 2016, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Understanding the cultural context of a new country can be difficult. Finding a job in a new environment is an even greater challenge. This workshop introduces international students to the nuances of networking with Canadian professionals and successfully adapting to the workplace. Topics covered include:
- Where, when and how to have career conversations
- The benefits of being an international professional in the workforce
- Office etiquette and culture
- Professional relationship building
And much more!
Facilitated by Musset Pierre-Jerome, from Employment and Social Development Canada.
- Thursday, February 25, 2016
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- Target Audience:
- All Telfer undergraduate students
- Event Language:
- Offered only in English
- Dress Code:
- Professional attire
- RSVP deadline:
- Thursday, February 25, 2016, 4:00 a.m.
Register for this event
Unfortunately, the RSVP deadline has passed for this event, and you will not be able to register.