Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The biggest networking event of the year for graduating Telfer students is back!
You are invited to attend the 13th annual fall career convention, newly renamed Telfer Connects! This event provides 3rd- and 4th-year students with the opportunity to meet employers from a range of industries and has been refreshed for fall 2016 to better resemble a networking event rather than a typical career fair.
Why attend Telfer Connects?
- Meet prospective employers: Practice networking while finding out directly from employers which skills, academic backgrounds and qualifications they are looking for. Discover which employers are interested in your skill set.
- In-person contact: A piece of paper (resumé) can easily be ignored, but meeting a prospective employer in person will put a face to your application and give you a chance to stand out from the crowd!
- Learn about an industry: Explore and learn more about diverse industries and various organizations that may interest you. Compare different corporate cultures and get a sense of where you would best fit.
- Gain confidence: Networking with employers will improve your ability to quickly build rapport with a person. Use this chance to demonstrate your interpersonal and communication skills as well as your professional etiquette.
Preparing for a Telfer Convention : Does the thought of meeting prospective employers stress you out? Attend this 45-minute reminder workshop designed to help you establish what to do before, during and after the event to present yourself professionally and make a positive first impression on potential employers.
Get on-site career help: Chat with a career counsellor, learn about Career Centre services, have your resumé looked over and get your professional headshot taken at the LinkedIn photo booth!
List of participating employers:
- Brookfield Renewable
- CLV Group
- Department of National Defence
- Freedom Financial 55
- Investors Group
- Lockheed Martin Canada
- MD Financial Management
- National Bank
- RBC Royal Bank
- Sherwin-Williams Canada
- TD Bank
- Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- Target Audience:
- All Telfer 3rd- and 4th-year undergraduate students
- Event Language:
- Dress Code:
- Professional attire
- RSVP deadline:
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 6:00 a.m.
Register for this event
Unfortunately, the RSVP deadline has passed for this event, and you will not be able to register.