MHA Bear Pit Session # 1: The Challenges of the Canadian Health Care System. A view from three National Health Leaders.
Monday, September 12, 2016, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The Canadian Health Care System has been described as the most decentralized of any other national health system. There has been a dynamic tension on the roles in health care among the various levels of government. This has culminated in key milestones in its history such as Medicare, the Canada Health Act and various Health Accords. With a New Federal Government and the prospect of a new Health Accord, it is very timely to address this topic. What are the issues? What are the challenges and opportunities? To help us address this important topic, we have assembled a panel of national health leaders who are integrally involved in this agenda. They are:
* Glenn Brimacombe, President and CEO of the Canadian Psychiatric Association.
* Marcel Saulnier, Associate Assistant Deputy Minister, Health Policy, Health Canada.
* Bill Tholl, President and CEO, HealthCare Can.
- Monday, September 12, 2016
- 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- RSVP deadline:
- Sunday, September 11, 2016, 4:30 p.m.
Register for this event
Unfortunately, the RSVP deadline has passed for this event, and you will not be able to register.