Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The biggest networking event of the year for all Telfer students is back!
You are invited to attend the annual winter networking event, newly renamed Telfer Networks.
This event provides undergraduate students of all years an opportunity to meet a variety of employers who are looking for part-time, summer, contract, or full-time employees in a new networking event format rather than a typical career fair.
Why attend Telfer Networks?
- Meet prospective employers: Practice networking while finding out directly from employers which skills, academic backgrounds and qualifications they are looking for. Discover which employers are interested in your skill set.
- In-person contact: A piece of paper (resumé) can easily be ignored, but meeting a prospective employer in person will put a face to your application and give you a chance to stand out from the crowd!
- Learn about an industry: Explore and learn more about diverse industries and various organizations that may interest you. Compare different corporate cultures and get a sense of where you would best fit.
- Gain confidence: Networking with employers will improve your ability to quickly build rapport with a person. Use this chance to demonstrate your interpersonal and communication skills as well as your professional etiquette.
Preparing for a Telfer Networking Event
Does the thought of meeting prospective employers stress you out? Attend this 45-minute reminder workshop designed to help you establish what to do before, during and after the event to present yourself professionally and make a positive first impression on potential employers.
Get on-site career help: Chat with a Career Centre representative, learn about Career Centre services, have your resumé looked over and get your professional headshot taken at the LinkedIn photo booth!
List of participating employers and posted positions:
- Brookfield Renewable
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Costco Wholesale
- Desjardins Group
- Enterprise Holdings
- Freedom 55 Financial
- Lockheed Martin Canada
- MD Financial Management
- Pepsico Foods Canada (Frito Lay)
- RBC Royal Bank
- Rogers Communications Inc.
- Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- Target Audience:
- All Telfer undergraduate students
- Event Language:
- Dress Code:
- Professional attire
- RSVP deadline:
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 4:00 a.m.
Register for this event
Unfortunately, the RSVP deadline has passed for this event, and you will not be able to register.